Win a once in a lifetime golf trip to Auckland and tickets to the 2017 British and Irish Lions, New Zealand All Blacks first test
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 95784184) (Promoter).
- The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 8 May 2017 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 31 May 2017 (Promotion Period).
- Entry is open to all Qantas Frequent Flyer members, aged 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, Golfer Escapes, Tourism New Zealand or Mike Da Silva and Associates (AUST) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
- To enter, during the Promotion Period, Eligible Entrants must opt in and remain opted in to News and Offers from Qantas Golf Club (www.qantasgolfclub.com/win).
- The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
- Multiple entries are not permitted.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time Eligible Entrant opts in.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- There will be one draw. The draw will take place at 2.00pm (AEST) on 7 June 2017 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer)
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be one prize (Prize). The maximum total prize pool is AU$8,069.02 based on the recommended retail value and exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
- The Prize is for the winner and a guest. The winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older. The Prize winner and their guest may extend their trip at their own expense. The Prize consists of the following:
- Four nights’ accommodation at the Crowne Plaza Auckland in a twin share room.
- Five days’ car hire. Pick up and drop off at Auckland Airport.
- One round of golf for two at Wainui Golf Club, including a shared cart.
- One round of golf for two at Windross Farm Golf Course, including a shared cart.
- One round of golf for two at Titirangi Golf Club, including a shared cart.
- Return Economy flights to and from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City airport on services operated by Qantas Airways Limited only, to Auckland, New Zealand Travel Period: Wednesday 21 June 2017 to Sunday 16 July 2017. Return flights are not open returns and a fixed return date will be issued on booking.
- The Prize winner may extend their stay at their own expense.
- The Prize includes four nights’ accommodation in Auckland at the Crowne Plaza. The room will be Twin Share for two people. The room is not upgradable. The Prize winner may extend their stay at their own cost. Qantas Golf Club is not responsible for additional costs including damages caused by the Prize winner or their guest, room service, expendables or late checkout incidentals.
- The car hire portion of this prize is subject to standard rental conditions. The driver must have a current valid Australian driver’s licence and meet any age requirements. Learner permits will not be accepted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage or mistreatment to the hire car caused by the winner or their guest. The Promoter will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the winner or their guest though mistreatment, illegal behaviours, or a violation of the car hire’s terms and conditions of use. The car hire only covers the day rate hire of the car. All petrol and damage costs will be the responsibility of the winner. The winner will need to present a current credit card for security purposes upon collection of the vehicle.
- The Prize includes three rounds of golf. The winner and guest must abide by each golf club’s rules and regulations. Qantas Golf Club is not responsible for additional costs including damages caused by the Prize winner or guest.
- The Prize includes GST and taxes. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, spending money, meals or taxes not included in the price of the flight booking, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize winner. It is the responsibility of the Prize winner to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be held responsible for any loss or delay that may occur as a result of any passport or visa not being produced for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
- Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 16 July 2017. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The winner will be notified by phone and/or by email within 2 business days of the draw using the phone number and/ or the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile and their name will be published on qantasgolfclub.com/win and in The Australian newspaper on 9 June 2017.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEST) on 14 June 2017 a second draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 15 June 2017 at the same time and location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published on qantasgolfclub.com/win on 16 June 2017 for a minimum of 28 days.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 22 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/13112, ACT TP17/00665 & SA Licence No. T17/617.
Terms and Conditions
Eligibility to enter
Entry into the promotion
Drawing of entries
|Prize||RRP (inc GST)|
|Qantas Airways return flights in Economy from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City Airport, via Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to Auckland, New Zealand (including flight associated taxes).||AU$3,464.02|
|Additional checked baggage for winner and guest’s golf clubs (allowance up to 23kg each)||AU$1,120.00|
|Auckland Golf Package (21 June 2017 - 25 June 2017) includes: ||AU$3,085.00|
|Two tickets to the New Zealand vs British and Irish Lions rugby match on 25 June 2017.||AU$400.00|
|Maximum total Prize pool||AU$8,069.02|